Submit here: https://forms.gle/aygqqq4twxjM8Rf19
Conference Theme: Leading in a Digital Age
Scope and Topics
Scope and Topics
- Collaborative Efforts: Are there other collaborations that will improve educational outcomes for our most vulnerable youth? How can educational leaders work together to create a life-long learning mindset in all personnel that will continuously reshape the skills and tools that K-20 students will need to thrive and prosper in the highly volatile global economy of the 21st Century?
- Diversity & Inclusion: What changes in education pedagogy, policies, procedures, and practices are necessary to ensure that all vulnerable youth, irrespective of race, gender, immigrant status, or sexual orientation, receive a world class education?
- Social Justice Leadership Higher Ed: What leadership attributes are necessary for changing social inequities? How do leaders address change structures, processes and cultures to be more inclusive? How do leaders show one's commitment to social justice from conversations to an activist stance. How do we integrate social justice teaching in pedagogical skills?
- Philosophical and Cultural Changes: What changes must occur to be more inclusive of vulnerable youth in K-20 settings? How does leadership address the disconnect or lack of cultural awareness between teacher and student.
- Leadership Training K-12: What skills and/or strategies will leaders-in-training and teachers have to acquire to effectively educate youth in a global society?
- Leadership Training Higher Ed: What skills and/or strategies will higher educational leaders have to acquire to effectively educate youth in a global society?
- Setting the Context: Who are the most vulnerable youth (locally or globally), where are they located, and what challenges and obstacles do they face in the current education systems?
- Policy Contexts and Educational Options: What policy changes – state, federal, and/or local – are necessary to ensure equitable opportunities for success in the education system?
- Necessary Curriculum: How can the current K-12 curriculum be strengthened to better prepare all children, but especially our most vulnerable youth, for 21st century global realities?
- Technology Integration & Pedagogical Skills: What innovative technology platforms are available to build community and a sense of engagement in online learning ?
- Disproportionality - How should leadership address disproportionate and overrepresentation placements of traditionally underrepresented populations in K-12 settings?